Frequently Asked Questions
- Problem: JNLP file downloads, but double-clicking on it does not launch the tutor.
Solution: JNLP file extension is not associated with the correct program.
On Windows 8, click on:
- Start / Control Panel / Programs / Java
- Go to Advanced tab
- Set JNLP/MIME association to 'Always allow'
- On Windows 8/Windows 10 machines, the tutor appears very small.
Solution (you only need to do this once on any computer):
- Double-click on 'Computer' icon on your desktop
- Double-click on C: drive (Usually, this is where programs are stored)
- Double-click on 'Program Files'
- Double-click on 'Java'
- You might find several folders with names that start with jre.
Find the folder with the largest number after jre, e.g.,
if you have jre1.7.0_64, jre1.8.0_65, jre1.8.0_73 and jre1.8.0_144,
double-click on jre1.8.0_144.
- Double-click on 'bin'
- Locate the icon for java.exe. Since it is an exe file, its icon will be coffee mug.
- Right-click on java.exe
- Select 'Properties'
- Select 'Compatibility' tab
- Check 'Override high DPI scaling behavior'
- In the drop-down menu underneath, select 'System'
- Click 'Apply'
- Click 'OK'
- Repeat steps 8-13 for javaws.exe file also found in the same folder