Welcome! Are you interested in working on the problets project?
If so, you probably have a lot of questions.
Well, this web site was designed to answer those questions.
If, after reading this site, you still have unanswered questions,
please send me an email.
- Information to help you decide: If you are considering working on the project:
- Learning and Running Java:
If you have decided you want to work on the project, and would like to get up to speed on Java:
- Visit the archive site
to view some simple source code and the corresponding applets
- If you want to install Java on your laptop, visit the Sun
site, click on the Downloads at the top, and download the latest Java Standard Edition (SE).
- If you download the development kit, you will also want to
download the documentation for the APIs (library files) - on Sun site, click on "Documentation"
under "Resources" in the bottom right column. Select "Java SE",
click on "Downloads" tab, scroll down to "Java SE 6 Documentation"
and click "Download"
- If you will be working on this project, you will also need to download and install
Eclipse from the eclipse.org site.
- Working on the project: If you are working on the project:
- Keeping a log:
Regardless of whether you work for credit or money,
you must maintain a log of your work for this project.
- Code development resources - If you are developing code for the project:
- Getting paid: If you are working for pay,
here is what you need to know about the paperwork.
Partial support for this work was provided by the
National Science Foundation under grants DUE-0088864,
CNS-0426021, and DUE-0817187.